|Published:||Sep 01, 2013 11:39 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 01, 2013 11:40 AM EDT|
The Cape Coral Police Department is investigating a shooting that happened Saturday along the 500 block of SW 47th Terrace.
Police say it happened around 10:30 pm as two men traveling in a car pulled into a car port. A suspect got into the back seat of
the car and pulled out a handgun. The suspect pointed the gun at both the driver and the passenger. A struggle ensued and the
suspect fired several shots. Two of the shots struck 20 yr old Jamar Lee Martin, one in the face and the second in the shoulder.
Police say all three of the men exited the car. The alleged shooter and the driver fled on foot. Martin was able to flag down a
passing motorist for help. Martin was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital in stable but critical condition. Police say they
believe that this was not a random incident and do not believe that there is any imminent threat to the public at large. Anyone
with information is asked to contact Cape Coral Police.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders
- Mom blames husband after driving kids into ocean