|Published:||Aug 30, 2013 11:00 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2013 11:00 AM EDT|
PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) - A mother is behind bars on child neglect charges after her 14-month-old daughter drowned in a neighbor's goldfish pond.
The Pensacola News Journal (http://on.pnj.com/17qt61n ) reports homeowner Larry Kruger pulled the child from the water after her 5-year-old brother knocked on his door Wednesday evening.
Authorities say 31-year-old Jennifer Lynn Eiland had been searching for the toddler, who had wandered away from home. Someone called 911 and Eiland and neighbors began CPR.
Eiland remains in jail. Her other children - ages 3 to 8 - were taken by the Department of Children and Families. Authorities say Eiland was arrested May 21 on child welfare endangerment charges in Orange Beach, Ala.
The newspaper reports the father of children works offshore in Louisiana as a journeyman and wasn't home when the child drowned.
Information from: Pensacola (Fla.) News Journal, http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 32 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Hertz plans to open temporary headquarters in Bonita Springs
- Fla. Attorney General temporarily stops Service Star
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776