|Published:||Aug 30, 2013 10:51 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2013 10:57 AM EDT|
PALM BAY, Fla. (AP) - A man with "STATE VS PARKER" tattooed on his back will likely spend the rest of his life in prison after being convicted of tossing hot grease onto a woman and her daughter during a home invasion.
Florida Today (http://on.flatoday.com/1dWAvGV ) reports 29-year-old Leaundrea D. Parker is already serving time for another crime and is not scheduled for release until 2039. At that point, an additional 45 years will be tagged on for the December 2009 attack.
Authorities say the woman and her 15-year-old daughter came home they were greeted at the door by a man with a gun. While attempting to find out where their money was, prosecutors say Parker threw oil on them. They still have scars from the encounter.
Police say Parker's tattoos helped the victims identify him.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns