|Published:||Aug 30, 2013 10:51 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2013 10:57 AM EDT|
PALM BAY, Fla. (AP) - A man with "STATE VS PARKER" tattooed on his back will likely spend the rest of his life in prison after being convicted of tossing hot grease onto a woman and her daughter during a home invasion.
Florida Today (http://on.flatoday.com/1dWAvGV ) reports 29-year-old Leaundrea D. Parker is already serving time for another crime and is not scheduled for release until 2039. At that point, an additional 45 years will be tagged on for the December 2009 attack.
Authorities say the woman and her 15-year-old daughter came home they were greeted at the door by a man with a gun. While attempting to find out where their money was, prosecutors say Parker threw oil on them. They still have scars from the encounter.
Police say Parker's tattoos helped the victims identify him.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- 3 Miami-Dade officers shot, 2 suspects killed