|Published:||Aug 30, 2013 5:07 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2013 10:57 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Charles Nave III, the Fort Myers man accused of distributing child pornography has agreed to plead guilty.
Nave, a former employee of Big Arts on Sanibel, previously admitted to investigators that he had images of child pornography on his computer, and traded those images over the Internet.
WINK News has just obtained court documents that show a plea agreement. Nave will plead guilty to distributing material involving the sexual exploitation of a minor.
The minimum mandatory sentence is five years in prison. That could go up to 20 years. He will also pay a fine of $250,000.
Homeland Security special agents said Nave was caught with images of young children performing sex acts in January, and after months of surveillance. Investigators say he chatted online with what happened to be an undercover investigator, and sent pictures of child pornography.
Police searched Nave's laptop and found hundreds images of children engaging in sex acts.
In the federal complaint, Nave told investigators that he "has a pornography addiction and he wanted to get help."
Nave's attorney Russ Rosenthal has no comment on the plea agreement.