|Published:||Aug 29, 2013 1:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 29, 2013 1:37 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- Sheriff's detectives are attempting to identify a suspect who used the personal identification of a Charlotte County victim in several locations in south Florida in June.
According to reports, the victim said between June 5 and June 15, someone was able to withdraw funds from his bank account even though he still had possession of his debit card. He told detectives he had used his debit card around June 6. He continued to use his card for several days for regular purchases until his card was denied on June 15.
When the victim checked with his banking institution, he found more than $4,000 worth of withdrawals from his account that he did not authorize. While two of the withdrawals took place within Charlotte County, five transactions took place in Lee County and the first one took place in Broward County. The first Charlotte County transaction took place at the ATM at the Bank of America located in Charlotte Commons at 24051 Veterans Blvd. in Port Charlotte on June 10 at about 7:30 pm. The second one was at the ATM at the Bank of America at 100 Madrid Blvd. in Punta Gorda on June 11 at about 8:15 pm.
The attached photographs show an unknown suspect using the victim’s debit card information at an ATM to make an unauthorized withdrawal. Anyone with information on the identity of the person in the photo is asked to please call the Sheriff’s Office Economic Crimes Unit at (941) 833-1891 during normal business hours, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating