|Published:||Aug 29, 2013 6:32 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 29, 2013 6:39 PM EDT|
GOLDEN GATE, Fla.- Earlier this week, arson destroyed a popular Golden Gate diner. And now, the owner is telling us, this is not the first time she has been the victim of a crime.
The owner says her restaurant was robbed three times last year and thieves hit her home twice this year. She said she can't even imagine why she is a target.
"I feel like I have no enemies, especially right now, I feel like I have love around everywhere."
Years of memories for Teonta Tems is now a pile of mangled metal and ash, it's the aftermath of a fire that tore through her diner on Tuesday.
"I don't remember having an argument with anybody, I don't remember a disagreement with anybody, I just don't know why, I don't know who," says Teonta Tems.
But investigators say someone intentionally set her beloved business on fire. Teonta says it's not the first time she's been a target of crime at the diner and at her home.
"I was robbed in the middle of the night while my child and I were asleep, my computer, my money, my purse, my mother in law was visiting, took her purse, broke in my house in the middle of the night."
Tenota says she just can't understand why this is happening..
"Why? Why would someone want to do this? Why would someone want to destroy the lives of everybody, it's not just me, it's everybody."
The State Fire Marshal is offering a reward for anyone with a tip that leads to the arrest or conviction. Nana's diner is also holding an event on Sunday at 8 a.m., for the community to come and enjoy coffee and biscuits and gravy, all things donated by the community. She also said Nana's Diner will come back bigger, better and with more attitude.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash