|Published:||Aug 29, 2013 3:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 29, 2013 3:42 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Spend a day at the beach with the Collier County Sheriff’s Office on Sept. 7. The CCSO Marine Bureau will hold the fifth annual Keewaydin Cleanup on that day.
Transportation will be provided by the sailing vessel Sweet Liberty, which will depart from Naples City Dock at 8:30 a.m. and return from the island around 12:30 p.m.
A second cleanup for the southern half of the island is also scheduled for this day and will launch out of Isles of Capri. Transportation to the island will be provided by the sailing vessel Caloosa Spirit, which will depart from Pelican Bend restaurant on Isles of Capri at 8:30 a.m. and return from the island around 12:30 p.m.
Participants will enjoy this pristine stretch of coastline while doing their part to keep it clean.
Seats are limited to 35 aboard each vessel. To reserve a spot, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, telephone number of each participant and vessel preference.
Bottled water will be provided, but please bring your own sunscreen.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples
- 3 Miami-Dade officers shot, 2 suspects killed
- Embry-Riddle invited to Sunshine State Conference