|Published:||Aug 28, 2013 10:42 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 28, 2013 10:42 AM EDT|
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - Police say a man fled after his truck struck a police vehicle that was parked on the side of an Ocala road while the officer was conducting a security check.
Two assisting police officers caught up with 33-year-old Charles Oscar Sitzer as he pulled into his driveway early Wednesday morning. Sitzer was arrested and taken to the Marion County Jail, where he remains.
According to Ocala police, Sitzer told officers he was tired and fell asleep at the wheel. When his truck struck the cruiser, Sitzer says he got scared and drove away.
Officers found marijuana and drug paraphernalia in the vehicle. He now faces charges that include leaving the scene of a crash with property damage and drug possession.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash