|Published:||Aug 27, 2013 10:38 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 27, 2013 10:38 AM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Deputies with the Lee County Sheriff's Office Traffic Unit are investigating a hit and run that left three people with serious injuries.
On Saturday, August 24 at approximately 8:27 p.m., deputies responded to a call regarding a traffic crash that occurred at the intersection of Lee Boulevard and Sunshine Boulevard in Lehigh Acres. Two vehicles driving northbound on Sunshine Boulevard were struck by a vehicle travelling southbound that jumped the center median and crossed over into the northbound lane. The first vehicle was side swiped and the second vehicle was hit head-on.
The driver at fault fled from the scene on foot after crashing his vehicle into a tree.
Deputies are asking that anyone who may have witnessed, knows the driver that fled the scene or knows anything about this hit and run to call the Lee County Sheriff's Office at (239) 477-1000. Or, to remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000, call Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477). Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org via text to CRIMES (274637) Keyword: REWARD or through the TipSubmit app on any Smart phone.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors