|Published:||Aug 27, 2013 11:59 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 27, 2013 11:59 AM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Your Florida Power and Light bill will be going up if you live in unincorporated Lee County.
Moments ago, commissioners voted to hike the FPL franchise fee by 1.5 percent. That means, if your monthly bill is $120, it will go up by about $2 a month, starting in October.
The higher fees will raise about $4 million a year for Lee County.
Commissioners say the extra cash, plus budget cuts, will allow them to keep the property tax rate where it is now, instead of raising it.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash