|Published:||Aug 26, 2013 11:35 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2013 12:40 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla.- Lee County Sheriff's deputies were searching for a "suspicious" person this morning. When they found him, he ran into the Gulf of Mexico at the Connecticut beach access.
At this time, the man's identity and the reason deputies were searching for him remain unknown.
Deputies surround the suspect on the beach, on a waverunner and on a boat. He was pulled onto the boat and handcuffed.
The suspect is being taken to the Coast Guard station.
Trust WINK News to bring you more details as we get them.
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Child killed after being backed over by truck
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba