|Published:||Aug 26, 2013 11:35 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2013 12:40 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla.- Lee County Sheriff's deputies were searching for a "suspicious" person this morning. When they found him, he ran into the Gulf of Mexico at the Connecticut beach access.
At this time, the man's identity and the reason deputies were searching for him remain unknown.
Deputies surround the suspect on the beach, on a waverunner and on a boat. He was pulled onto the boat and handcuffed.
The suspect is being taken to the Coast Guard station.
Trust WINK News to bring you more details as we get them.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Study shows foreclosure numbers down, job growth up in SWFL
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes