|Published:||Aug 26, 2013 10:48 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2013 10:48 AM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - An overnight house fire caused authorities to briefly close nearby Interstate 275.
Firefighters arrived at the home around 12:45 a.m. Monday and found heavy smoke coming from one side of the two-story home.
The Tampa Tribune (http://bit.ly/16CwiAy ) reports firefighters tried to enter the home but the fire was too intense. Smoke from the fire spread over I-275, forcing authorities to close the roadway in both directions for about an hour.
Tampa Fire Rescue says about 45 firefighters worked for about two hours to put out the blaze.
No injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery