|Published:||Aug 26, 2013 10:50 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2013 10:50 AM EDT|
NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) - A Tampa Bay area woman faces assault charges after allegedly chasing her boyfriend in a car and attempting to run him off the road.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/19Te4Dd ) reports that Minnie Kay Lutes went on a rampage last week after her boyfriend failed to call her during his meal break.
After a series of arguments, police say Christopher Gambale drove off but that Lutes chased him in her car. When they confronted each other in a 7-Eleven parking lot, Lutes pulled out a knife, police say.
Authorities say that when witnesses called 911 she went after them in her car. She then crashed into a strip mall and led a deputy on a chase.
Lutes was arrested and has been charged with aggravated assault, reckless driving and fleeing to elude police.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim