|Published:||Aug 26, 2013 7:01 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2013 7:01 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Cape Coral Police arrested Kenneth A Pearson, 39, on charges of Possession of a Firearm on School Grounds.
Pearson was located by Cape Coral Police Officers in the parking lot of Oasis Charter School this afternoon. A consent search led to the discovery of two firearms in his vehicle.
Pearson was transported to the Lee County Jail.
Cape Coral Police said there was never any threat to students, as no report of a gun being displayed was ever received.
It is believed that Pearson was at the school due to a disturbance with an adult employee of the school. It does not appear that this was part of a larger incident.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend