|Published:||Aug 26, 2013 1:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2013 1:15 PM EDT|
BOCA GRANDE, Fla.- The Lee County Sheriff's Office is investigating a deceased person found on a 1979 white 37-foot sailboat near Boca Grande Pass last night.
Two men were on the boat in addition to the victim. All three of them were from Lithuania. The next of kin for the deceased is unknown at the time.
The Coast Guard and Boca Grande Fire Department responded off shore to render aid just before 11:30 p.m. The boat was brought to shore for the investigation, after the victim was pronounced deceased.
According to the title, the original owner of the boat was a Venice resident.
The investigation continues.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman