|Published:||Aug 26, 2013 1:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2013 1:15 PM EDT|
BOCA GRANDE, Fla.- The Lee County Sheriff's Office is investigating a deceased person found on a 1979 white 37-foot sailboat near Boca Grande Pass last night.
Two men were on the boat in addition to the victim. All three of them were from Lithuania. The next of kin for the deceased is unknown at the time.
The Coast Guard and Boca Grande Fire Department responded off shore to render aid just before 11:30 p.m. The boat was brought to shore for the investigation, after the victim was pronounced deceased.
According to the title, the original owner of the boat was a Venice resident.
The investigation continues.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Lehigh Middle student allegedly brings knife to school
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB