|Published:||Aug 26, 2013 1:20 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2013 1:20 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- The City will shut down water service tomorrow (August 27) along Lafayette Street between Vincennes Street and Cape Coral Street to relocate a water line. Water is scheduled to be off from 5:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
About 30 businesses will be affected, and boil water notices will be distributed to the customers impacted by the project.
The City is constructing an underground stormwater treatment system to provide storage and treatment of run-off. The system will collect run-off from Lafayette Street and the adjacent properties and provide water quality treatment, reducing the pollutants entering the adjacent canals.
The $1.47 million project is scheduled to be completed by the end of 2013. Denco Construction, Inc. is the contractor.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41