|Published:||Aug 24, 2013 9:45 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 24, 2013 7:09 PM EDT|
LABELLE, Fla.- A fundraiser at the LeBelle Rodeo Grounds today will raise money to support Zac Reyna and his family.
The BBQ fundraiser will run from about 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Friends, family and other community members continue show support through friendship, fundraisers and prayer for the family, after 12-year-old Zac contracted a brain-eating ameoba. It happened when he was kneeboarding in puddles and fell into a ditch full of water. The water went up his nose. Doctors say he beat the infection, but he's not in the clear yet.
This morning, a post on Zac's 'pray4number4' facebook page says, "Zac's final examination for brain activity is starting today around 9AM. Please join us in prayers this morning for Zac. We are praying and believing for complete healing, full brain activity and restoration of his brain."
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect