|Published:||Aug 24, 2013 7:43 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 24, 2013 7:43 PM EDT|
ESTERO, Fla. - An Estero woman was arrested Saturday for child abuse. We are not revealing the woman's identity to protect the young victim. The Lee County Sheriff's Office tells us the received reports of child being dragged across a parking lot at Coconut Point Mall.
When deputies arrived, they found the 2-year-old child with injuries to the head, legs and scratch marks on their body. Witnesses said the woman was intoxicated, threw the child on the ground and dragged him by the hair. The Department of Children and Families was contacted about the incident.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41