|Published:||Aug 23, 2013 5:41 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2013 6:37 PM EDT|
SANIBEL, Fla.- The Army Corps of Engineers said it will scale back freshwater releases from Lake Okeechobee into the Caloosahatchee River by almost half, starting tomrorow morning.
For weeks, we've been showing you how the releases are affecting our beautiful beaches. Despite the cuts, those angry about the flows are planning to protest.
On Sanibel, organizers plan to hold a "Save Our Bay" rally tomorrow morning. The rally begins at 8:00 a.m. Saturday on the last spoil island, before Sanibel, on the causeway.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo