|Published:||Aug 23, 2013 5:07 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2013 6:22 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- Lee County Sheriff's deputies say the woman Michael Dukes shot in the head yesterday, at a home on 28th Street SW, is five months pregnant.
The victim, Ashley Pruitt, will recover. She told deputies the shooting was an accident.
Pruitt said Dukes was playing with the gun when it went off. The two have a 1-year-old child together, who deputies said was in the home at the time.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating
- Men take homeowner's truck at gunpoint, abandon it nearby
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire