|Published:||Aug 23, 2013 4:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2013 4:49 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Fort Myers Police are on scene of a death investigation on Arcadia Street, off MLK.
They say around 2 o'clock, Fort Myers Public Works employees found a body in a vacant field, on their property. Police have not yet identified the victim, but say he is a male, possibly in his late 20s or early 30s. They don't believe he has any relation to public works.
"With is being a death investigation, we do have our crime scene out there, so we are taking every precaution possible. But it is rather suspicious," said Sgt. Brian O'Reilly.
At this point, there is no clear cause of death. Sergeant O'Reilly expects investigators to be on scene for the next two to three hours.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect