|Published:||Aug 23, 2013 6:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2013 7:32 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - A Cape Coral man found a prowler in his front yard Friday morning, so he jumped into action.
Early Friday morning, Quinn Sedam noticed a suspicious man wandering around the side of his house, into his front yard. "Saw a guy stadning in the bushes hiding in the buses, startled me. He wasnt supposed to be there," Sedam said.
With a child sleeping in the home, on Southwest 6th Avenue, he called roomate Aaron Crawford for help.
Crawford grabbed a flashlight.
Sedam grabbed his gun. "Leveled my weapon. Told him don't move, don't move," he said.
The surprised suspect was hiding in the bushes on their property. "We ended up surrounding the guy so he had no idea what was going on," said Crawford.
"I told him let me see your hands, let me see your hands! held him at gunpoint," said Sedam.
Seconds later the police arrived and arrested Ivey Watson for loitering and prowling.
A neighbor down the street originally notified police when he saw the suspect pulling on his wife's car door.
"On his person there was credit card with somebody elses name. Bank card. Other property that is pretty consistent with probably burglaries," said Cape Coral Police Dept. Lt. Tony Sizemore.
Police are now working to find out if Watson is connected to recent car burglaries in the area.
As for Sedam, police say he had every right to pull his gun, because Watson was on his property.
WINK News looked up ivey Watson's background and found out he's no stranger to the law. He has multiple past arrests for burglary, possession of cocaine, loitering, and prowling.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft