|Published:||Aug 22, 2013 3:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 22, 2013 3:57 PM EDT|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- A motorcyclist was seriously injured in a crash near the intersection of Olympia Avenue and Shreve Street just before 12:30 p.m. today.
The Punta Gorda Police Department said 71-year-old Jimmy Josyln, the driver of a Harley Davidson motorcycle, was transported by helicopter to Tampa General Hospital, where he is in stable condition.
The driver of the Jeep Wrangler, the only other vehicle involved, was not injured.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation, but drugs and alcohol do not appear to have been a factor.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: Encouraging sign for 24 stranded whales
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site