|Published:||Aug 22, 2013 1:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 22, 2013 5:43 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The Lee County Sheriff's Office is searching for the suspect who robbed the Edison National Bank, located at 1300 S. Cleveland Ave., around 1:00 p.m. this afternoon.
Surveillance shows that a black male, approximately 6 feet tall, 200 lbs, wearing a blue shirt, khakis, glasses, partial facial hair and an “afro-style” wig entered the bank, walked up to the counter and demanded cash. The suspect then fled the scene and was last seen headed southbound with an undisclosed amount of money. Lee County Sheriff's Office Aviation Unit and K9 Units were deployed to search for the suspect.
No injuries were reported during the robbery.
Anyone who may know the identity of the person responsible or has further information is asked to call the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at (239) 477-1000 or, to remain anonymous and be eligible for a reward up to $1,000 dollars, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS(8477). Anonymous tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org, through the TipSubmit app on any iPhone or by texting CRIMES (274637) Keyword: REWARD.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash