|Published:||Aug 22, 2013 10:56 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 22, 2013 10:56 AM EDT|
HOLLYWOOD, Fla. (AP) - The long-awaited Margaritaville resort is about to break ground on Hollywood Beach.
A ceremony is set for Thursday morning at the Hollywood Bandshell, after rounds of negotiations and setbacks over financing and permits. But don't expect Jimmy Buffet to be there. He's on tour.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/1710VC4 ) reports the nearly 850,000-square-foot complex will include a 349-room hotel, seven restaurants, retail space and a pool.
The island-themed resort will open in 2015. The Bandshell, located at the end of Johnson Street, will also get a makeover.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico