|Published:||Aug 21, 2013 9:24 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 21, 2013 10:03 AM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla. - Residents in the Hitching Post mobile home park say heavy rains have caused floods. So in an effort to dry out their park, they pump the water into nearby drainage ditches. The ditches flow alongside of the Care Free RV park just a ways down Barefoot Williams Road. Residents at Care Free say the ditches fill with the floodwaters and overflow, flooding their park. County officials say it's been happening for more than 3 decades but residents say they are still looking for a solutions. The vice president of Care Free Communites says they have hired an engineer to try and fix the problem and expects to implement changes in the next 30 to 60 days. Meanwhile, residents say they will simply try to stay dry as their streets repeatedly turn into streams.
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New Bridge has Glitch that Keeps a Section Up for 30 Mins.