|Published:||Aug 21, 2013 9:24 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 21, 2013 10:03 AM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla. - Residents in the Hitching Post mobile home park say heavy rains have caused floods. So in an effort to dry out their park, they pump the water into nearby drainage ditches. The ditches flow alongside of the Care Free RV park just a ways down Barefoot Williams Road. Residents at Care Free say the ditches fill with the floodwaters and overflow, flooding their park. County officials say it's been happening for more than 3 decades but residents say they are still looking for a solutions. The vice president of Care Free Communites says they have hired an engineer to try and fix the problem and expects to implement changes in the next 30 to 60 days. Meanwhile, residents say they will simply try to stay dry as their streets repeatedly turn into streams.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm