|Published:||Aug 21, 2013 1:04 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 21, 2013 4:26 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Two people were seriously injured in a crash on 44th St. at Golden Gate Pkwy. in Naples just before 1:00 p.m. today.
The driver of the Ford Taurus, 80-year-old Christine Nunes, was transported to Physician's Regional Hospital where she is in surgery for critical injuries sustained in the crash.
The driver of the pick-up truck, 60-year-old Michael Crabtree, was transported to Naples Community Hospital with serious injuries.
A Collier County deputy on the scene said Crabtree was driving eastbound on Golden Gate Parkway, while Nunes was apparently making a left turn onto 44th Street SW. FHP said Crabtree failed to stop at a steady red light on Golden Gate Parkway.
The Florida Highway Patrol initially reported that one person had died in this crash, but has since clarified that both parties were injured, but survived.
Charges are pending.
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County
- Lee deputies investigating shooting on Bokeelia