|Published:||Aug 21, 2013 11:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 21, 2013 11:58 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - People in Fort Myers love donuts from Bennett's Fresh Roast. Now, the country is seeing why. Wednesday night, Bennett's Fresh Roast appeared on Donut Showdown on the Cooking Channel.
It was a full house as donut lovers gathered for a watch party at Bennett's, hoping to see the hometown shop devour the competition. Owner Bob Grissinger and assistant Lisa Bronchetti were up against more than 40 donut experts from across North America.
In the final round of the episode, two baker had to whip up three distinct donuts following a selected theme. Wednesday night's theme was "carnival."
At the end, the judges chose whose creation was worthy of the $10,000 grand prize. Despite a delicious effort, judges chose Bennett's competition as the winner.
Regardless of how the challenge ended, Grissinger said opportunity to reach such a large audience really is a win for Bennett's and Fort Myers. It's just one more reason for people to visit and get a taste of what makes our area so sweet.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft