|Published:||Aug 20, 2013 6:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 20, 2013 6:46 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Surgeons on Marco Island had to amputate 84-year-old Margaret Freiwald's leg after she was infected with a flesh-eating bacteria earlier this month.
Freiwald was infected in Tampa, but became ill while on vacation on Marco Island.
Today, Friewald was transferred to a rehab facility, where she will get a prosthetic leg and hopes her life will return to normal.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Man bitten by shark in foot in Cocoa Beach