|Published:||Aug 20, 2013 2:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 20, 2013 2:55 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - A newly released search warrant reveals a South Miami man told detectives he shot his wife five to six times before posting a confession and a picture of her body on Facebook.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/16XStDT) reports detectives took two cellphones, three computers and an iPad from Derek Medina's townhome after the Aug. 8 shooting. The warrant also shows they seized a stun gun, a.380-caliber pistol and two other pistols and ammunition and a large knife from the kitchen.
Police say Medina killed 26-year-old Jennifer Alfonso during an argument. Her 10-year-old daughter from a previous relationship was not injured.
Medina told police Alfonso threatened him with a knife. He's scheduled for arraignment on Aug. 29.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling