|Published:||Aug 20, 2013 2:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 20, 2013 2:55 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - A newly released search warrant reveals a South Miami man told detectives he shot his wife five to six times before posting a confession and a picture of her body on Facebook.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/16XStDT) reports detectives took two cellphones, three computers and an iPad from Derek Medina's townhome after the Aug. 8 shooting. The warrant also shows they seized a stun gun, a.380-caliber pistol and two other pistols and ammunition and a large knife from the kitchen.
Police say Medina killed 26-year-old Jennifer Alfonso during an argument. Her 10-year-old daughter from a previous relationship was not injured.
Medina told police Alfonso threatened him with a knife. He's scheduled for arraignment on Aug. 29.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Warrants detail accusations in Jameis Winston case
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes