|Published:||Aug 20, 2013 10:58 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 20, 2013 11:22 AM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A judge has declared a mistrial in the case of a man accused of throwing an infant out of a car window on Interstate 275 in Tampa.
The mistrial came Tuesday, a day after attorneys for Richard A. McTear Jr. objected to testimony from the baby's mother that Circuit Judge William Fuente had previously barred. Jasmine Bedwell made the statements Monday as the trial got underway.
When asked by prosecutors about phone calls she'd received from McTear, Bedwell responded that he had threated to kill her and the baby in May 2009.
Authorities say McTear flew into a rage when he saw Bedwell return home in May 2009 with another man. He forced his way into her home, took the baby and drove off. The infant was found alongside I-595.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis