|Published:||Aug 20, 2013 10:54 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 20, 2013 10:54 AM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Police say two people were injured when chemicals they were using to make hashish oil caused an explosion at a St. Petersburg home.
The incident happened Monday night.
St. Petersburg police say one man was taken to the Tampa General Hospital burn unit for treatment of serious burns. Th other was treated at the scene.
The explosion blew out an exterior wall at the home and severely damaged another one.
Police are continuing an investigation.
No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students