|Published:||Aug 19, 2013 5:01 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 19, 2013 5:01 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- A Lehigh Acres daycare owner, charged in the drowning death of a little boy, entered a not guilty plea today.
Melissa Smith is charged with aggravated manslaughter and three counts of child neglect.
Investigators say in June, Smith left 2-year-old Christian Byrd and three other children unattended in a portable pool. Christian drowned.
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Embry-Riddle invited to Sunshine State Conference