|Published:||Aug 19, 2013 10:14 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 19, 2013 4:20 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - Golden Gate High School students streamed onto campus Monday morning, many very aware there would be one less face in the hallway.
"Having someone who's been there for... years, not be there for Senior year... It shocked everyone in the Senior class," said Keylis Roque, a Senior.
Just 4 days before the start of school, rising Senior and soccer star Joseph Suazo and his mother Johana Nunez were found dead inside their home in Golden Gate.
A newly-released report for the Collier County Sheriff's Office shows a deputy made the discovery after Joseph's father Jose Suazo called 9-1-1, saying he "killed his family."
According to the deputy's report, Nunez was on the floor near the front door, and 18-year-old Joseph was in a back bedroom, both dead of apparent gun shot wounds.
Students say it's a bitter way to start a new year -- closing the last chapter in the life of a talented teen.
"He was a really great player. He was so young. He had his life ahead of him," said Jovanny Dareus, a Freshman.
"We would have just hoped to see him in school again," said Isacc Gonzalez, Jr., a Junior. "We hope he's in a better place now, and that's all we can think about."
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- No charges in Jameis Winston sex assault case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti