|Published:||Aug 19, 2013 6:01 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 19, 2013 6:46 PM EDT|
MARCO ISLAND, Fla.- A child was injured on the beach Sunday evening after an indirect lightning strike.
At approximately 5:30 p.m., the Marco Island Fire Rescue Department was dispatched to 400 S. Collier Blvd. On arrival, they found the child complaining of symptoms consistent with an indirect lightning strike.
The child was treated and transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Fire crews also extinguished a tiki hut that caught fire during the strike.
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end