|Published:||Aug 18, 2013 8:34 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 18, 2013 8:34 AM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - The community continues to support the family of Zachary Reyna.
Reyna, 12, has been fighting to recover from a rare brain-eating amoeba.
Sunday, August 18, Lehigh Acres Little League is hosting a car wash fundraiser.
It starts at 12 p.m. at Lozanos Mexican Restaraunt, located near Sunshine and Lee Boulevard.
Family friends tell WINK News there will be more fundraisers as the week progresses. Donations are going to the Zachary Reyna fund set up at First Bank of Clewiston to assist with medical bills, and other expenses family has incurred remaining at his bedside in the hospital.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers