|Published:||Aug 18, 2013 12:35 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 19, 2013 5:12 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The next -of-kin has been notified for the victim of a fatal hit and run accident that happened on Saturday. The victim has been identified as 41-year-old Antonio Villanueva, of 10691 Aqua Vista Lane, North Fort Myers.
On Saturday at approximately 11:50 p.m., Lee County Sheriff's deputies responded to a call regarding a male wearing dark clothing stumbling on Palm Beach Boulevard. When deputies arrived, they saw a man lying on the roadway at the intersection of Palm Beach Boulevard and Baltimore Avenue.
Upon further investigation, it was determined the victim had been struck by an unknown make or model metallic blue vehicle which then fled the scene.
Deputies are asking that anyone who may have witnessed or that knows anything about this fatal hit and run to call the Lee County Sheriff's Office at (239) 477-1000. Or, to remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward of up to 1,000, call Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477). Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org via text to CRIMES (274637) Keyword: REWARD or through the TipSubmit app on any Smart phone.
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Florida Supreme Court to discuss medical marijuana Thursday
- Collier County first responders investigate hazmat situation
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys