|Published:||Aug 15, 2013 4:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2013 12:38 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- Human remains found in the area of Meadow Road and Leah Court Thursday afternoon have been identified, and the Lee County Sheriff's Office says the man was a victim of homicide.
Deputies told WINK News the victim is Kyle Byrtus, 25, of Fort Myers. The cause of death is not being released at this time as the investigation continues, deputies said.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office was called to the scene just before 12:30 p.m. Thursday.
Anyone who has seen Byrtus recently or has knowledge of the circumstances surrounding his death is asked to call the Lee County Sheriff's Office at (239) 477-1000. Or, to remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000, call Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477). Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org via text to CRIMES (274637) Keyword: REWARD or through the TipSubmit app on any Smart phone.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Study shows foreclosure numbers down, job growth up in SWFL
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break