|Published:||Aug 16, 2013 10:35 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2013 12:39 PM EDT|
HENDRY COUNTY, Fla.- The Florida Department of Health held a news conference about the risk of brain-eating amoebas. Health officials went over preventative measures Floridians and visitors should take to remain healthy and safe.
This comes as 12-year-old Zachary Reyna from LaBelle fights for his life in a Miami hospital, after contracting the infection.
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end