|Published:||Aug 16, 2013 3:36 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2013 5:37 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- The Cape Coral Police Department has two suspects in custody following a brief standoff in a Cape Coral neighborhood.
While investigating a burglary earlier today, Cape Coral Police Detectives observed two subjects in a stolen vehicle in the area of SW 9th Avenue and SW 7th Street. A high-risk traffic stop was made on the stolen car. One occupant complied with officers’ commands and was taken into custody without incident. The other occupant fled on foot into a residence located at 637 SW 9th Ave.
Cape Coral Police Patrol units set up a perimeter and contained the suspect. As a precaution, residents ere asked to remain in their homes and School buses were rerouted outside of the police perimeter. Cape Coral Police Crisis Negotiator made telephonic contact with the suspect and persuaded him to surrender without incident.
The situation culminated with the Cape Coral SWAT team responding to conduct a sweep of the residence. Once no additional suspects were located, police, fire, and EMS personnel cleared the scene.
Some police personnel remain on scene at this time gathering evidence. Due to the fact that there is still an ongoing investigation regarding these suspects, no additional information can be released at this time.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach
- FIU hosts meeting on deteriorating bridges