|Published:||Aug 16, 2013 6:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2013 6:13 PM EDT|
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) - One person is dead following a bus crash near Walt Disney World's Epcot theme park.
The Florida Highway Patrol reports that a Disney's Magical Express bus rear-ended a car Friday afternoon. Witnesses said the car appeared to be slowing down or stopping, possibly from mechanical problems, right before the crash.
FHP says a woman in her 60s who had been in the car was taken to Celebration Health in Kissimmee. She was later pronounced dead.
FHP wasn't immediately naming the drivers or the victim.
Disney's Magical Express is a complimentary shuttle service that transports guests between the airport and the resort. It is operated by Mears Transportation.
An after-hours message left with Walt Disney World wasn't immediately returned.
Attempts to reach Mears Transportation were unsuccessful.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating
- Men take homeowner's truck at gunpoint, abandon it nearby
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire