|Published:||Aug 16, 2013 6:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2013 6:13 PM EDT|
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) - One person is dead following a bus crash near Walt Disney World's Epcot theme park.
The Florida Highway Patrol reports that a Disney's Magical Express bus rear-ended a car Friday afternoon. Witnesses said the car appeared to be slowing down or stopping, possibly from mechanical problems, right before the crash.
FHP says a woman in her 60s who had been in the car was taken to Celebration Health in Kissimmee. She was later pronounced dead.
FHP wasn't immediately naming the drivers or the victim.
Disney's Magical Express is a complimentary shuttle service that transports guests between the airport and the resort. It is operated by Mears Transportation.
An after-hours message left with Walt Disney World wasn't immediately returned.
Attempts to reach Mears Transportation were unsuccessful.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.