|Published:||Aug 15, 2013 10:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 15, 2013 11:18 PM EDT|
GOLDEN GATE, Fla. - A Collier County mother and son were killed, allegedly at the hands of the father. Now Jose Suazo is facing two counts of second-degree murder.
The victims, 35-year-old Johana Nunez and 18-year-old Joseph Suazo. were found dead in a Golden Gate home on 50th Street Southwest.
It was a traffic stop in Lee County that eventually put the alleged killer behind bars. Deputies pulled Suaza and two passengers over near I-75 and Martin Luther King Boulevard in Fort Myers Thursday afternoon.
The two passengers in the car with Suazo are not believed to be involved.
The Collier County Sheriff's Office and the Florida Department of Children and Families have investigated complaints of domestic violence with the family in the past, including one incident in 2007 when Jose Suazo was arrested for battery. He
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- 3 Miami-Dade officers shot, 2 suspects killed
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winds down in Naples