|Published:||Aug 15, 2013 7:03 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 15, 2013 7:13 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - Brand new details into the life of Jay Vanko, the man accused of gunning down a Charlotte County Deputy. A Facebook page shows a man fascinated with guns and his right to carry them.
Wink News spoke with his family who says there's another side to the man who pulled the trigger.
Jay Vanko shot and killed Sergeant Mike Wilson here at the Lakes of Tuscana Apartments in Port Charlotte. The Online pictures we're now seeing are saying plenty about the shooter, but his family says a lot is getting lost in translation.
Vanko's Facebook wall is covered in pictures of guns and posts about his Second Amendment right to bear arms.
But family members tell Wink News, they knew Vanko as a family man who respected the military and law enforcement and insist the shooting was not a reflection of his beliefs.
His Facebook profile is not easy to find, because it was managed under a different name, Jay Indy Kingston.
The family says they want the citizens of Charlotte County and the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office to know they are devastated by the loss of Sergeant Mike Wilson and even wanted to attend his funeral but didn't know how their presence would be received.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk