|Published:||Aug 15, 2013 7:36 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 15, 2013 7:36 AM EDT|
FAMU to announce date of band return
Eds: APNewsNow. Will be updated.
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Florida A&M University is going to announce the date of the return of the Marching 100.
FAMU lifted the suspension of the famed band earlier this summer. But school officials are waiting until Thursday to announce the date of the first performance of the reconstituted band.
There are signs that the band may make its comeback at the opening football game of the season being held in Orlando. There are already advertisements promising a "Battle of the Bands" during halftime of the game between FAMU and Mississippi Valley State.
Interim President Larry Robinson lifted The Marching 100 suspension in June. The band was suspended in November 2011 following the hazing-related death of Robert Champion.
Since Champion's death the school has enacted anti-hazing policies and put in restrictions on band membership.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
8/15/2013 3:02:04 AM (GMT -4:00)
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser