|Published:||Aug 15, 2013 12:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 15, 2013 6:47 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- The Collier County Sheriff's Office has arrested a 48-year-old man, accused of killing his son and his son's mother today.
Jose Suazo has been charged with two counts of Second Degree Murder in connection with the deaths of Johana Nunez, 35, and their son, Joseph Suazo, 18.
The victims were found deceased in their home, located at 3032 50th Street SW, after a call came into authorities just after 10:15 a.m.
Jose Suazo was taken into custody after a traffic stop at the 138 mile marker of I-75 this afternoon.
The Collier County Sheriff’s Office and other agencies, including the Florida Department of Children and Families, have investigated complaints of domestic violence involving the family in the past, including one incident in 2007 that resulted in the arrest of Jose Suazo on a charge of battery.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county
- FIU hosts meeting on deteriorating bridges