|Published:||Aug 14, 2013 12:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 14, 2013 12:55 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- A man was seriously injured after a boat fire around 11:30 a.m. at 22192 Oneida Ave.
The victim, a man in his 50s, was transported by helicopter to Tampa General Hospital. His injuries included burns to the face, hands and arms, as well as possible respiratory burns.
Charlotte County Fire and EMS responded to the scene and found a 20-foot boat on fire with a bus nearby. Firefighters worked quickly to extinguish the fire and to protect the house and a large amount of trees next to the boat.
It is unknown how the fire was started.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Officials: Encouraging sign for 24 stranded whales