|Published:||Aug 13, 2013 4:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 13, 2013 4:10 PM EDT|
WASHINGTON (AP) - Florida Republican Sen. Marco Rubio is warning that if Congress doesn't pass immigration overhaul legislation, President Barack Obama may act on his own to legalize the 11 million immigrants already in the country illegally.
Rubio made the comments Tuesday on "The Morning Show with Preston Scott" on Tallahassee radio station WFLA. The senator is an author of the sweeping immigration bill that passed the Senate in June but stalled in the House. He's also a potential 2016 presidential candidate.
Rubio noted the Obama administration took action a year ago to allow many immigrants brought here illegally as children to remain in the country legally. And he said without congressional action, the president might well be tempted to do the same for everyone else here illegally, too.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school