|Published:||Aug 13, 2013 11:59 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 13, 2013 6:49 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Closing arguments are expected in the Yousel Rivera trial today. Rivera is accused of shooting and wounding a Cape Coral officer at point blank range during a traffic stop in 2011.
Officer David Wagoner survived, thanks to his bullet proof vest. Yesterday the defense rested after questioning a doctor who testified that Rivera was suffering from the onset of a seizure when he shot the officer.
The State argues he was aware enough to tell his girlfriend to calm down after the shooting and tell her he did not want to get caught.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman