|Published:||Aug 12, 2013 10:15 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 12, 2013 10:15 AM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - The driver of a speeding car lost control while crossing the Courtney Campbell Causeway and struck a guardrail before crashing into a Tampa police cruiser.
Tampa police say the driver refused medical treatment early Monday. But the officer was taken to a hospital as a precautionary measure.
The westbound lanes of the causeway re-opened around 4 a.m. after investigators cleared the crash scene.
There was no word on whether the driver has been charged.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape Coral man arrested for child neglect
- Deadly motorcycle crash in Lehigh Acres
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- U.S. 41 Northbound Blocked near Andrea Lane
- Homeless chilren create Pictures of Hope
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week
- Adopting a shelter pet this holiday season