|Published:||Aug 11, 2013 5:23 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 11, 2013 5:23 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A University of South Florida student has completed a walk across the country in a personal quest he hopes will inspire others to become active.
Twenty-two-year-old Harrison Milanian walked from Tallahassee to Laguna Beach, Calif., in a little over 11 weeks, The Tampa Tribune reports (http://bit.ly/140vl59 ).
"I wanted to do something challenging," Milanian said.
Milanian got the idea for the walk after he started going on 20-mile walks with his golden retriever, Captain.
He then began training to walk across the country, even though friends and family urged him not to. It was a personal challenge but also part of a larger mission to raise awareness about fitness.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral