|Published:||Aug 11, 2013 5:23 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 11, 2013 5:23 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A University of South Florida student has completed a walk across the country in a personal quest he hopes will inspire others to become active.
Twenty-two-year-old Harrison Milanian walked from Tallahassee to Laguna Beach, Calif., in a little over 11 weeks, The Tampa Tribune reports (http://bit.ly/140vl59 ).
"I wanted to do something challenging," Milanian said.
Milanian got the idea for the walk after he started going on 20-mile walks with his golden retriever, Captain.
He then began training to walk across the country, even though friends and family urged him not to. It was a personal challenge but also part of a larger mission to raise awareness about fitness.
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County
- Lee deputies investigating shooting on Bokeelia